Frequently Asked Questions
For Event Hosts & Ticket Sellers
- Fees are based on ticket sales - so it's free to use if your event is free.
- For your online sales, our service fee is 2.0% of the ticket price plus $0.50 for each ticket sold.
- There are also fees charged by the payment processing service you select to authorize credit/debit cards, capture the transaction, and transfer your money to you. Their fees are typically in the range of 2 to 3%.
- You may choose to absorb service and transaction fees yourself, or pass them along to your ticket buyers.
- Still have questions? Get more details on our Pricing page.
For each event you run, you'll use a "wizard" to complete the entry of all details, including the event name, date, location, the types of tickets available for sale, and their prices. You'll also get to decide who will cover the fees (you or the buyers), and select the payment processing service you want to use. Once all that's done, you'll Publish your event.
Your event page has a public URL on our site. You can share that URL on social media, via email campaigns, or in any other way you think best to promote your event. When buyers reach that page they can learn about the event and purchase tickets online.
When you select your payment processing service, you'll have to supply them with information about your business and bank account. Then 2 to 3 days after each online purchase, the net proceeds of each sale (minus fees) will be transferred to your account.
Yes you can. The first time you run an event in a location with reserved seating you'll need to provide information on the seating layout to our Customer Support team who will create an online model of the sections and seats. Typically the whole process just takes a day or two.
Once that's set up, you'll need to review and approve the online seating layout before ticket sales can begin. But once that's done all future events at that location that use the same seating layout will be good to go.
Entire books and courses exist to answer this... but in short, you can leverage social media, email marketing, printed materials, plus any web sites you control or manage to get the word out.
Using just links with the URL for your event page, or any of the fancier buttons and embeddable "widgets" we make available to you, the possibilities are almost endless.
Yes. When you chose Stripe for payment processing, the event "dashboard" we provide you has tools to issue partial or full refunds for individual orders, as well as complete bulk refunds for cancelled events. We know cancelled events are a huge headache for everyone involved - but at least issuing the refunds won't be.
Yes - you have a couple of choices here.
- First, anyone can continue to purchase online, right up until your event. So if you've enabled the Mobile Tickets option for your event, your buyers will get their tickets delivered right to their email, and can show them from their phone to gain entry.
- You may also enable a "Pay at Door" option for your event so that you can accept cash from last-minute attendees.
For Event Guests & Ticket Buyers
When you complete your order, an email is sent to you to confirm your ticket purchase. Based on what the event host set up for the event, the email may either contain your actual tickets - or just instructions to show up at a Will-Call gate to get them. Tickets delivered in the email may be in two different forms, and the host may choose one or both of them:
- Print-at-home format attaches a PDF to the email, with a summary of the order, plus images of each ticket. You can print that out and bring it with you to the event.
- Mobile Ticket format includes ticket details and a scannable bar-code image right in the email. No need to print, just bring your phone and present your tickets that way.
Normally it takes only a few minutes for the email with your tickets to arrive. On rare occasions it may take 1 - 2 hours.
If you don't have your tickets within 2 hours, you can contact our Customer Support team to find out what's up.
The first thing you can try to do is to sign in to our system using the same email address you provided on your ticket order. If you never got a password, or lost it, use the Forgot Password link to get a new one. Once signed in, look for the EVENTS I'M ATTENDING link.
- If your ticket order was completed, you'll see it along with a link to re-send the confirmation email.
- If can't sign in or your order is not listed, you can call our Customer Support team to have them look into it.
You must be attending an event where the organizer has requested additional (but optional) information about each attendee. There are several ways you may do this - and you're not limited to only one of them. If you're assembling your crew as you go, you can enter their info at different times.
- When you complete your ticket order, there is a button on the confirmation page to "Enter Guest Info" that you may click to do this immediately.
- The email with your tickets will also have a button to "ADD GUEST INFO". You can go back to the email to click that button at any time up until the event.
- If the organizer elected to send out reminders, you may get one or two emails with a reminder to do this... with a button that reads "ADD GUEST INFO".
- Finally, you can sign in to the system at any time up until the event. Look for a link to the EVENTS I'M ATTENDING page. Next to your ticket order for the event there will be ... wait for it .... wait for it ... a link to "Enter Guest Info" to do this.